Wednesday, June 13, 2007

And the Sock is over the Pond!



This cuff came all the way from Memphis, TN !




And look what else was in the package!







The BBQ Sauce came just in time for Grill Season here in Germany. I am so excited, thank you thank you!!!!


I was especially interested to see the Trekking used for the cuff. Despite the fact that Trekking is made not too far from where I live (Clue #1), I have never happened across it. It was a bit thicker than the Opal and Regina I am used to using. A little internet research yielded some Ombre colorways are just gorgeous.


So, what did I do first: I knit the first 2 repeats immediately. Monkey is a very clever pattern, not really that complicated to remember but a very nice effect. Maybe I will have to make one of my own.


Staying with the blue theme, I used some leftover Opal Handpainted



and finished:




Now off to see the sights and some more clues!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay! The sock arrived at its second destination! Can't wait to see what sights it will go to! :)

Amy said...

Oh, it looks so good! Can't wait to read more.

Jennie said...

ooohhh great color choice! It looks amazing already. :)

Lisa C..Knitter Navy Wife said...

I'm so glad he made it. His new colors look scrumptious! Can't wait to see its new home!

Lucy said...

The sock is looking very pretty. Can't wait to see what lovely sights you take it (and us) too.

Holly said...

Really cool! And isn't it so funny how regional the distro of sock yarns in Germany?
Opal in the south, Zitron in the north, Regia überall...
Holly in Heidelberg

Pinneguri said...

Good! Look forward to se the sights :D